[petsc-users] FETI-DP implementation and call sequence

Alp Kalpalp alpkalpalp at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 03:10:35 CDT 2014

Hi,

I need to investigate the performance of FETI-DP on a heteregenous problem
with a proposed preconditioner/scaling and different parameters. I do not
want to reinvent the known. I need to investigate the outcomes of my
research on top of FETI-DP.

I have seen several papers in literature discuss about the FETI-DP
implementations in PetSc. However, seems none of them is provided in
public. I have come across several functions in PetSc with *FETIDP* names.
But, since this algorithm is quite different then the ksp algorithms, I
could not figure out how to use them.

I have two concrete questions;

1- Is it possible to complete a FETI-DP solution with the provided
functions in current PetSc release?

2- If so, what  is the calling sequence for these functions?

Thanks in advance,

Alp