[petsc-users] Unable to configure PETSc with CUDA: Problem with thrust directory

Christophe Ortiz christophe.ortiz at ciemat.es
Mon Sep 1 03:56:46 CDT 2014

Hi all,

Thanks a lot for your answers.

I followed Satish's advice and downloaded pets-dev. Then I tried to
configure it with CUDA 6.0. It complained because I did not have flex
installed, no big deal. Then it complained because it prefers GNU compilers
than Intel ones, no big deal.

This being fixed, I was able to configure and compile pets-dev with CUDA
6.0. There was no problem due to deprecated arch or thrust directory.

I configured it with the following options:

--with-x=1 --with-mpi=0 --with-cc=gcc --with-cxx=g++ --with-clanguage=cxx
--with-fc=gfortran --with-cuda=1 --with-cuda-dir=/usr/local/cuda-6.0
--with-cuda-arch=sm_35 --with-thrust=1
--with-thrust-dir=/usr/local/cuda-6.0/include/thrust --with-cusp=1
--with-cusp-dir=/usr/local/cuda-6.0/include/cusp --with-debugging=1
--with-scalar-type=real --with-precision=double --download-fblaslapack

Now this is done, how should I port my code to use it with CUDA ? Should I
change something and include some CUDA directives in the code ? Is there
some examples of makefile with nvcc that I could use ?

Thanks in advance.
Christophe