[petsc-users] Multiple solves with PCMG fail

Mark Adams mfadams at lbl.gov
Tue Oct 28 07:05:14 CDT 2014

On Mon, Oct 27, 2014 at 3:02 PM, Filippo Leonardi <
filippo.leonardi at sam.math.ethz.ch> wrote:

> On Monday 27 October 2014 14:31:45 Mark Adams wrote:
> >
> > I'm not sure what you are asking.  starting i=0 or i=1, and with and
> > without mg.  So four possibilities?  The solutions will be different for
> > i=0 or 1 in this code:
> >

> Yes, 4 cases:
> i = 0, MG: wrong solution *(for *any* solution, even afterwards, i.e. i >=
> 0)*
> (and error, if debug)

OK, so the first time there is no RHS and so not eigen estimate and the
next solves do not check to see if a valid eigen estimate has been created.

Jed: could we just check for zero iterations in the eigen estimator and
then call the random thing.  Or something along those lines.