[petsc-users] PCBDDC - PCBDDCSetPrimalVerticesLocalIS

Stefano Zampini stefano.zampini at gmail.com
Thu Oct 16 02:01:41 CDT 2014

Vincent also wrote me directly. I'm forwarding my answer.

Vincent,

to my knowledge there are two cases when this can happen

A) you specify indices (in local numbering) which are not lie on the
interface

B) you specify indices (in local numbering) which are on a part of the
interface shared by 2 subregions only

Note that A) is a natural requirement, whether B) is a bug in the current
release.

If you are in situation B), than you can either use 'master' where th ebug
has been already fixed or (and this is the case if you are also using
SLEPc), to simply comment lines 125, 127, 182 and 187 (4 lines in total) of
src/ksp/pc/bddc/bddcgraph.c. This should solve your problem.

Sorry for slow reply

Stefano