[petsc-users] How to use

Sharp Stone thronesf at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 15:29:46 CDT 2014

Hi all,

In the ex19, specifically from Lines 581-587, about the "invert the system"
part,

581:             /* invert the system:582:              [ dfu / du
0        0        0    ][yu] = [fu]583:              [     0    dfv /
dv     0        0    ][yv]   [fv]584:              [ dfo / du dfo / dv
dfo / do     0    ][yo]   [fo]585:              [ dft / du dft / dv
 0    dft / dt ][yt]   [ft]586:              by simple
back-substitution587:            */

 I realized u and v are independent variables, but even so, the first two
rows should be both containing dfu/dv and dfv/du terms just like the 3rd
and 4th rows, do I miss some points?

Thank you in advance!

--
Best regards,