[petsc-users] Default solver type for ksp?

Saurabh Chawdhary chaw0023 at umn.edu
Wed Oct 1 15:53:45 CDT 2014

Thanks a lot guys. I also did -ksp_view and saw it was GMRES.
___________________________________
KSP Object: 32 MPI processes
  type: gmres
    GMRES: restart=30, using Classical (unmodified) Gram-Schmidt
Orthogonalization with no iterative refinement
    GMRES: happy breakdown tolerance 1e-30
  maximum iterations=500, initial guess is zero
  tolerances:  relative=1e-10, absolute=1e-10, divergence=10000
  left preconditioning
  using PRECONDITIONED norm type for convergence test