[petsc-users] Pipelined solvers PIPECG etc fail

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Thu Nov 20 09:09:19 CST 2014

Sascha Schnepp <mail at saschaschnepp.net> writes:

> The issue could be related to this code in
> KSPCreate_PIPECG
>   ierr = KSPSetSupportedNorm(ksp,KSP_NORM_UNPRECONDITIONED,PC_LEFT,2);CHKERRQ(ierr);
>   ierr = KSPSetSupportedNorm(ksp,KSP_NORM_PRECONDITIONED,PC_LEFT,2);CHKERRQ(ierr);
>   ierr = KSPSetSupportedNorm(ksp,KSP_NORM_NATURAL,PC_LEFT,2);CHKERRQ(ierr);
>   ierr = KSPSetSupportedNorm(ksp,KSP_NORM_NONE,PC_LEFT,2);CHKERRQ(ierr);
> where all norms have the same priority.

Yes, this commit was buggy, but somehow when we merged the PIPECG
implementation, it didn't come with any tests, so we didn't notice.
I'll fix it after my meeting this morning and we'll get it into the
upcoming petsc-3.5.3.

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/commits/04d66c6e00809e52f621f72696de30b33e3deda5