[petsc-users] Local/global numbering to natural numbering?

Justin Chang jychang48 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 04:10:00 CST 2014

Hi all,

Given the local/global numbering of vector/array entries generated after
DMPlexDistribute(), is it possible to obtain the "natural numbering"? That
is, the numbering of the vertex points before the mesh was distributed. I
see that this has been discussed thoroughly for DMDA's but is it possible
to obtain some sort of natural numbering for DMPlex?

For instance, when I call DMPlexCreateFromDAG() or
DMPlexCreateFromCellList() I would consider vertexCoords[] to be of
"natural numbering" since it's the original ordering specified by the mesh
generator.

Thanks,
Justin