[petsc-users] SLEPc configuration problem

Jose E. Roman jroman at dsic.upv.es
Thu May 1 15:48:27 CDT 2014

El 01/05/2014, a las 22:32, Jingyue Wang escribió:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone please help me on how to configure SLEPc?  I have installed PETSc 3.4.4 (compiled with MKL) and downloaded and extracted the source of SLEPc 3.4.4. I set up
>
> export SLEPC_DIR="/home/jwang/opt/slepc-3.4.4"
> export PETSC_DIR="/home/jwang/opt/petsc-3.4.4"
> export PETSC_ARCH=linux-amd64-opt
>
> However, after I enter the source directory of SLEPc and type ./configure, I got the error messages that I append at the end of the email. I tried to read the python configuration code and it seems that the reason is self.framework is None and the reason for self.framework is None is in the script.py in my petsc-3.4.4/config/BuildSystem directory, the following code in function loadConfigure(self, argDB = None):
>      if not 'configureCache' in argDB:
>           self.logPrint('No cached configure in RDict at '+str(argDB.saveFilename))
>           return None
> returns a None value.
>
> It seems the reason is SLEPc can not find cached configuration in PETSc, but I don't know how to enable such cached configuration in PETSc...
>

> ***********************Error messages*****************************************
>
> Checking environment...
> Checking PETSc installation...
> Checking LAPACK library...
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "./configure", line 10, in <module>
>     execfile(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__), 'config', 'configure.py'))
>   File "./config/configure.py", line 401, in <module>
>     cmakeok = cmakeboot.main(slepcdir,petscdir,petscarch=petscconf.ARCH,log=log)
>   File "/home/jwang/opt/slepc-3.4.4/config/cmakeboot.py", line 172, in main
>     return PETScMaker(slepcdir,petscdir,petscarch,argDB,framework).cmakeboot(args,log)
>   File "/home/jwang/opt/slepc-3.4.4/config/cmakeboot.py", line 87, in cmakeboot
>     self.setup()
>   File "/home/jwang/opt/slepc-3.4.4/config/cmakeboot.py", line 83, in setup
>     self.setupModules()
>   File "/home/jwang/opt/slepc-3.4.4/config/cmakeboot.py", line 51, in setupModules
>     self.mpi           = self.framework.require('config.packages.MPI',         None)
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'require'

This problem has been reported before and it may happen occasionally.
Check the file $PETSC_DIR/$PETSC_ARCH/conf/RDict.db - see if it has a smaller size than usual. If this is the case, then the problem is that PETSc's configuration did not write this file completely, I don't know the reason.

Suggest to reconfigure PETSc.

Jose