[petsc-users] SLEPc configuration problem

Jingyue Wang jingyue at gmail.com
Thu May 1 15:32:48 CDT 2014

Hi,

Can anyone please help me on how to configure SLEPc?  I have installed
PETSc 3.4.4 (compiled with MKL) and downloaded and extracted the source
of SLEPc 3.4.4. I set up

export SLEPC_DIR="/home/jwang/opt/slepc-3.4.4"
export PETSC_DIR="/home/jwang/opt/petsc-3.4.4"
export PETSC_ARCH=linux-amd64-opt

However, after I enter the source directory of SLEPc and type
./configure, I got the error messages that I append at the end of the
email. I tried to read the python configuration code and it seems that
the reason is self.framework is None and the reason for self.framework
is None is in the script.py in my petsc-3.4.4/config/BuildSystem
directory, the following code in function loadConfigure(self, argDB = None):
      if not 'configureCache' in argDB:
           self.logPrint('No cached configure in RDict at
'+str(argDB.saveFilename))
           return None
returns a None value.

It seems the reason is SLEPc can not find cached configuration in PETSc,
but I don't know how to enable such cached configuration in PETSc...

***********************Error
messages*****************************************

Checking environment...
Checking PETSc installation...
Checking LAPACK library...

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "./configure", line 10, in <module>
     execfile(os.path.join(os.path.dirname(__file__), 'config',
'configure.py'))
   File "./config/configure.py", line 401, in <module>
     cmakeok =
cmakeboot.main(slepcdir,petscdir,petscarch=petscconf.ARCH,log=log)
   File "/home/jwang/opt/slepc-3.4.4/config/cmakeboot.py", line 172, in main
     return
PETScMaker(slepcdir,petscdir,petscarch,argDB,framework).cmakeboot(args,log)
   File "/home/jwang/opt/slepc-3.4.4/config/cmakeboot.py", line 87, in
cmakeboot
     self.setup()
   File "/home/jwang/opt/slepc-3.4.4/config/cmakeboot.py", line 83, in setup
     self.setupModules()
   File "/home/jwang/opt/slepc-3.4.4/config/cmakeboot.py", line 51, in
setupModules
     self.mpi           =
self.framework.require('config.packages.MPI',         None)
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'require'