[petsc-users] PLEX depth stratum bug ?

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Mon Jan 27 14:57:03 CST 2014

Dharmendar Reddy <dharmareddy84 at gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, Jan 27, 2014 at 2:11 PM, Matthew Knepley <knepley at gmail.com> wrote:
>> No, depth is depth in the DAG, not topological dimension.

I still think this is confusing, especially when working with
interpolated and non-interpolated meshes.  I could be wrong, but I don't
think the generic code would be messier written in terms of topological
dimension (and co-dimension) and I think it would be vastly easier to
explain.

Who can remember height vs depth anyway?

> Ok, I had a misunderstanding then. So, to be safe,  I should use depth
> 0 to access nodes and height 0 to access dim-cells.

Yes.