[petsc-users] cudaSetDevice

Dominic Meiser dmeiser at txcorp.com
Mon Jan 20 11:31:11 CST 2014

Hi Harshad,

On Mon 20 Jan 2014 10:10:26 AM MST, Harshad Sahasrabudhe wrote:

> Hi Dominic,
>
> We use external libraries such as MAGMA and cuSPARSE. It looks like
> they use the runtime API as you mentioned above. At the moment,
> conflict is between the two instances of PETSc that we run (one each
> for real and complex). We are planning to write some code in CUDA and
> will use the driver API if need be.
Karl seems to know how to resolve the conflict between the two instances
of PETSc. I'm not sure how exactly he is going to resolve this issue but
apparently he thinks it's rather easy to do.

> Does moving to the driver API look like something that can be included
> in PETSc 3.5?
I doubt it given the challenge of dealing with third party libraries via
the driver API. Quite possible somebody with a better understanding of
the PETSc roadmap has a more informed opinion.

Cheers,
Dominic

--
Dominic Meiser