[petsc-users] request related to DMPlexComputeCellGeometryFVM

Dharmendar Reddy dharmareddy84 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 16 14:36:07 CST 2014

Hello,
         I have a request related to cell geometry for FVM. I am
working on implementing a solver for coupled electron hole transport
problem in a semiconductor.

For the descretization (see the link [1] below), i want to use the FVM
which uses voronoi box around each node as the control volume. Current
implementation of the ComputeCellGeometry, provide the centroid of the
cell.

Can i request for functionality similar to ComputeCellGeometry, which
on call returns, the orthocenter and the area perpendiclar to each
edge for flux computation ?

Or any suggested references to look for geometry related routines.

[1] http://www.iue.tuwien.ac.at/phd/triebl/node30.html

Thanks
Reddy