[petsc-users] partial stencil in DMDA?

Fischer, Greg A. fischega at westinghouse.com
Fri Feb 21 14:42:36 CST 2014

Barry,

If I'm interpreting correctly, the 2nd case would work fine for me. However, perhaps I was previously over-complicating the problem. Could I not just:

1. create a DMDA
2. create a global vector with DOF=1
3. call VecDuplicateVecs() against the DOF=1 global vector for my other ~100 DOFs

and then independently manage the duplicated vectors with the array returned by VecDuplicateVecs()?

Also, when you mentioned changes to DMSetUp_DA_2D() in your original reply, you're suggesting that I could modify the PETSc source code, not use some pre-existing interface, correct?

Thanks,
Greg