[petsc-users] How can PETSc configure with MSMPI

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Feb 2 15:21:40 CST 2014

On Sun, 2 Feb 2014, Jed Brown wrote:

> Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> writes:
> > We are not bundling it. We are using it for our nightly tests.
>
> But are we recommending that people use it?

On windows I recommend based upon user requirements - and my
familiarity in that situation.

With this old version of mpich - if it simply works when other
alternatives have issues - then I'll recommend users to use it.

Yes - we should fix petsc configure to work better with MSMPI

- rework all MPI tests to always use mpi.h
- rework package.py to use 'Inc' as opposed to 'include' for include dir.

[even then - if one is using old MS compilers on windows - the old
mpich binary might be easier to use]

Satish