[petsc-users] no decrease in iteration counts of KSPCG during time stepping

Alp Kalpalp alpkalpalp at gmail.com
Sun Dec 28 17:15:51 CST 2014

In FETI, system is replaced with a coarse problem of dual variables
(drastically smaller coarse problem size) and by using a projector more
well-conditioned system is obtained. Condition number is limited to
1+log(H/h)^2.
As the literature suggests, I need to apply projector on PCG. I tested
KSPDGMRES and it seems CG is more successful. So it seems my only way is to
implement my own variant of KSPCG. May I just copy the  files and
definitions related to KSPCG and rename all as KSPPCPG. And then I can make
the orthogonolization implementation similar to KSPDGMRES..

Jed, please warn me if this is a really hard task?

I dont want to put myself into a long journey of implementation :)

best regards,