[petsc-users] Unable to configure PETSc with CUDA: Problem with thrust directory

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Aug 29 10:52:05 CDT 2014

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc/commits/6e4329e6b

+    if language == 'CUDA': # do not check CUDA linker since it is never used (and is broken on Mac with -m64)
+      self.popLanguage()
+      return
<<<<<<<<

But we use self.checkRun() in configure - which is using nvcc as linker.

Perhaps this code should be removed?  [and whatever issue was on Mac -
should be fixed in a better way..]

Or somehow check and set clinker as cudalinker?

satish