[petsc-users] Unable to configure PETSc with CUDA: Problem with thrust directory

Ashwin Srinath ashwinsrnth at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 09:40:12 CDT 2014

Hello,

My original message is awaiting approval as attaching configure.log made it
too large. I hope it's okay for me to repeat here:

I'm having a similar issue with CUDA 6.0. PETSc configured just fine with
version 5.0 and 5.5, and I'm using an almost identical configure command
(only changing --with-cuda-dir). I get the following error:

CUDA version error: PETSC currently requires CUDA version 4.0 or higher -
when compiling with CUDA

I suspect the problem might be with cuda.py checking for my CUDA version,
but I can't be sure.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Ashwin