[petsc-users] Some possible bugs with PETSC_VIEWER_BINARY_?

Jed Brown jed at jedbrown.org
Sat Aug 2 12:59:17 CDT 2014

"Sun, Hui" <hus003 at ucsd.edu> writes:

> I have just tested the PETSC_VIEW_BINARY_ on other test codes, they
> all work pretty well with multiple processors. Maybe I shouldn't be
> using ex70.c as a template any more.

I strongly suggest not using it as a template for decomposition or for
assembling solvers.  If you want to assemble in "blocks", look at
src/snes/examples/tests/ex28.c.  Also, if you want a structured grid, do
consider using DMDA instead of rolling your own spatial decomposition
(it will be simpler code, more flexible, and easier to debug because
orderings like you mention will work as expected).