[petsc-users] infinite loop with NEWTONTR?

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Apr 25 10:13:19 CDT 2014

  Thanks. I’ll take a look at figuring out what is going on. We keep shrinking the domain beyond anything reasonable.

  Barry

[0] SNESSolve_NEWTONTR(): fnorm=1826.65, gnorm=1826.65, ynorm=5.56247e-74
[0] SNESSolve_NEWTONTR(): gpred=1826.65, rho=0, delta=1.66874e-74
[0] SNESSolve_NEWTONTR(): Trying again in smaller region
[0] SNESSolve_NEWTONTR(): Scaling direction by 7.94052e-81