[petsc-users] MATLAB and PetSc

Sudheer Kumar sudheer3 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 12:19:42 CDT 2014

On Tue, Apr 22, 2014 at 9:41 PM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> How much Matlab code do you have that computes the Jacobian and functions
> and is it parallel?

How much Matlab code do you have that computes the Jacobian and functions
and is it parallel?

The MATLAB code that I am working with is of 1000s lines of code (reservoir
simulator, http://www.sintef.no/Projectweb/MRST/). The 90% of the time
taken by the code on benchmarks is for linear solvers. And that's the
reason to look for PetSc to speedup the entire code.

>> This is a great deal of work and probably not worth it.
Ok, unfortunately here I guess I need to attempt to do that work. Do let me
know your suggestions. Thanks.

Regards
Sudheer