[petsc-users] MatMPIBAIJSetPreallocationCSR i and j indices

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Sep 29 21:31:25 CDT 2013

Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> writes:

>>    I am fine with this. In fact I would go ahead and make the change
>>    in the branch I already made exactly for this work. Sadly, git
>>    allowed me to fuck up the branch so I cannot easily work on that
>>    branch since it empty, if only git could have warned me I was
>>    fucking up…..
>
> You can still create a new branch and we can merge later so that it
> looks like your current commit had been in the branch all along,
> provided we merge it to 'maint' before merging something else there.

On second thought, I think this should be reverted in 'maint' because it
would break existing code that calls the *SetPreallocationCSR functions.
Interface "improvements" belong in 'master' where they can be documented
in release notes and people know that some things might change.

I'm preparing a branch that respects MAT_ROW_ORIENTED and keeps
MatSeqBAIJSetPreallocationCSR consistent.