[petsc-users] PETSc-dev and OpenMP

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Sep 20 20:37:33 CDT 2013

  You don't need any special code to use the OpenMP inside some of the PETSc routines. Just ./configure PETSc with
--with-openmp  --with-mpi=0

  then at runtime use -threadcomm_nthreads  <n>  where n is for example for when you run the code.

   When you run with -log_summary it will print how many threads it is using.

    You are free to use OpenMP in your code.

    Barry