[petsc-users] make all freezes

Analabha Roy hariseldon99 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 16 03:18:09 CDT 2013

Hi,

 I just got a new laptop and installed linux mint KDE. Details below:

samsung NP300E5X-U01IN:
Kernel 3.8.0-26-generic #38-Ubuntu SMP
Four Intel Unknown 800MHz processors, 16760.20 total bogomips, 3733M RAM
System library 2.17.0

I tried to compile petsc-3.4.2 with the following configuration

./configure --with-scalar-type=complex --with-c2html=0 --with-debugging=no
--with-fortran-kernels=1 --with-hdf5=yes --with-hdf5-dir=/usr
--enable-parallel

The configure log is posted
here<https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/2769707/configure.log>(dropbox)

The configure script seems to run okay, but running "make
PETSC_DIR=/usr/local/src/petsc-3.4.2 PETSC_ARCH=arch-linux2-c-opt all" or
"make all" causes the compile to hang with no output.

Downgrading to a previous version of petsc does not seem to help. The
problem persists. Using default options "./configure
--with-scalar-type=complex" doesn;t seem to change anything either.

Running ./config/builder.py works, but then "make test" hangs similarly, as
does running make on any example or any of my petsc sources.

Thanks in advance,

--
---
*Analabha Roy*