[petsc-users] Slepc installation

Sonya Blade sonyablade2010 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 27 23:38:42 CDT 2013

DEar All,
Here is out put from Python console after runing teh suggested Python code script.

>>> import os
>>> print os.path.realpath(os.getcwd())
C:\Python27
>>> print os.path.realpath(os.environ['SLEPC_DIR'])
D:\TEST_FOLDER_dell\slepc

Interesting thing here is, why Python script returns the
backslashed path although I'm sure that I set it in
environmental  variables as forward slashed path.

And here is the output from the CygWin terminal

nobody at nobody /cygdrive/d/TEST_FOLDER_dell/slepc
$ export SKPEC_DIR=D:/TEST_FOLDER_dell/slepc/

nobody at nobody /cygdrive/d/TEST_FOLDER_dell/slepc
$ ./configure
Checking environment...
cygwin warning:
  MS-DOS style path detected: D:/TEST_FOLDER_dell/slepc
  Preferred POSIX equivalent is: /cygdrive/d/TEST_FOLDER_dell/slepc
  CYGWIN environment variable option "nodosfilewarning" turns off this warning.
  Consult the user's guide for more details about POSIX paths:
    http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
ERROR: SLEPC_DIR is not the current directory

Your help will be appreciated,