[petsc-users] PCGAMG

Mohamad M. Nasr-Azadani mmnasr at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 15:18:55 CDT 2013

Hi,

I am trying to use PCGAMG.
The matrix I have is based on a 2-D DMDA, Laplace equation.
This is the part of the code I have to setup the solver:

KSP solver;
PC pc;
ierr = KSPCreate(PETSC_COMM_WORLD, &solver);
ierr = KSPGetPC(solver, &pc);CHKERRQ(ierr);
ierr = PCSetType(pc, PCGAMG);CHKERRQ(ierr);
ierr = KSPSetFromOptions(solver); CHKERRQ(ierr);
ierr = KSPSetOperators(solver, LHS_mat, LHS_mat, SAME_NONZERO_PATTERN);
CHKERRQ(ierr);

When I run the code in parallel, it is fine.
But when I run it in serial, this is the error I get:

[0]PCSetData_AGG bs=1 MM=11000
[0]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message
------------------------------------
[0]PETSC ERROR: No support for this operation for this object type!
[0]PETSC ERROR: Not implemented for A=mpiaij and P=seqaij!
[0]PETSC ERROR:
[0]PETSC ERROR: Petsc Release Version 3.3.0, Patch 6, Mon Feb 11 12:26:34
CST 2013
[0]PETSC ERROR: See docs/changes/index.html for recent updates.
[0]PETSC ERROR: See docs/faq.html for hints about trouble shooting.
[0]PETSC ERROR: See docs/index.html for manual pages.
[0]PETSC ERROR:

Any thoughts?

Mohamad