[petsc-users] Eigenvalue solver method in Petsc

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Sun Mar 17 17:47:49 CDT 2013

On Sun, 17 Mar 2013, Barry Smith wrote:

> On Mar 17, 2013, at 5:42 PM, Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> >>  Why compile python? Windows already has a perfectly good python to use.
> >
> > Our build tools don't work with MS paths.
>
>    Buildsystem does,

since when? And even if it were to work - whats the point of using it
[with MS paths] with mingw-gcc/gfortran?

Its not like 'msys' is more userfriendly wrt install/use to Windows
users [with no unix knowledge] as compared to cygwin.

> as does cmake. Which ones don't work?

Only after cygwin run of buildsystem - and hacking the cmake stuff produced by it.

Satish