[petsc-users] Using PETSc with CMake on Windows

John Fettig john.fettig at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 14:54:49 CST 2013

Looking through the mailing list archives, I found a pointer to Jed's
CMake module FindPETSc.cmake.  Has this been tested on windows?
Should this work when PETSc has been installed via make install?  The
directions given at the end of that say

====================================
Install complete. It is useable with
PETSC_DIR=/path/to/my/petsc/install [and no more PETSC_ARCH].
Now to check if the libraries are working do (in current directory):
make PETSC_DIR=/path/to/my/petsc/install test
====================================

However, when I only set PETSC_DIR, CMake bails with

CMake Error at FindPETSc.cmake:118 (message):
  The pair
  PETSC_DIR=/path/to/my/petsc/install
  PETSC_ARCH= do not specify a valid PETSc installation
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:9 (include)

-- PETSc could not be found.  Be sure to set PETSC_DIR and PETSC_ARCH.
(missing:  PETSC_INCLUDES PETSC_LIBRARIES PETSC_EXECUTABLE_RUNS)

Thanks for any help,
John