[petsc-users] AMD interlagos optimization flags

Anton Popov popov at uni-mainz.de
Tue Mar 5 17:13:51 CST 2013

On 3/5/13 11:38 PM, Dharmendar Reddy wrote:
> Hello Anton,
>
> For me the problem is with gfortran. I use certain  object oriented
> features available in Fortran 2003. When i last tested few months
> agao, my code does not compile with gfortran. I guess it is
> required/suggested to use the same compiler for petsc and the external
> code which uses petsc. Am i right ? My code relies heavily on  zgemm
> which i use via direct call to lapack or via petsc. ACML also has
> ifort64_fma4 i was hoping they tweaked it to optimal performance on
> the new AMD processors.
>
> Thanks
> Reddy
Dharmendar,

indeed, it's better to use the same compiler for everything. Which
gfortran version are you using? What is the option that is still
missing? According to this page
http://fortranwiki.org/fortran/show/Fortran+2003+status the Fortran 2003
standard support is fairly extensive. We use gfortran 4.7.2 and a few
features of Fortran 2003 in one of the applications.

Also the -std=f2003 -ffree-form options should not be forgotten.