[petsc-users] AMD interlagos optimization flags

Anton Popov popov at uni-mainz.de
Tue Mar 5 16:02:24 CST 2013

On 3/5/13 9:23 PM, Dharmendar Reddy wrote:
> Hello,
>         Has any one installed petsc on the AMD 6200 series processor
> systems? I have a small cluster with quad socket AMD 6274 (16Core)
> processors. Should i use any special optimization flags or let petsc
> configure script decide ?
>
> I would like have two flavors of the instillation:
>
>  1.  intel 13.2 compilers using intel mpi and intel MKL 11.0
>  2.  intel 13.2 compilers using intel mpi and ACML 5.3 compile with
>     intel. Now ACML has a weird organization of the libraries. It has
>     same names for both the 64bit and 32 bit integer libraries but
>     saved in different folders. Should i link to single thread or
>     multithreaded acml ?

Dharmendar,

I use
--COPTFLAGS="-mavx -mfma4 -O3"
--FOPTFLAGS="-mavx -mfma4 -O3"

and single-threaded ACML optimized for fma4 instruction set ( i.e.
gfortran64_fma4/lib/libacml.a)
Obviously, I use gcc and gfortran. All works fine. No need for Intel on
this machine. If you think gcc is much slower, just try with optimization.