[petsc-users] DMPlex Fortran examples

Dharmendar Reddy dharmareddy84 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 01:18:13 CST 2013

Hello,
         Trying to understand the DMPlexCreateSection first. I have created
a test case, can you please have a look at it? Actually the code has a link
error on my system with petsc-dev.  I used DMPlexeCreateBoxMesh to create
the mesh. Looks like there is no Fortran interface to that function. If i
comment out the dmplexcreateboxmesh. It does create and executable.

petscDMTest_v2.o: In function `MAIN__':
petscDMTest_v2.F90:(.text+0x9b): undefined reference to
`dmplexcreateboxmesh_'
make: [testDMMeshv2] Error 1 (ignored)

Also, If include finclude/petsc.h90 instead of finclude/petsch.h i get
compile error :

petscDMTest_v2.F90(73): error #6691: A pointer dummy argument may only be
argument a
ssociated with a pointer.   [NUMCOMP]
  call DMPlexCreateSection(dmMesh, topologyDim, numField, numComp, numDof, &
----------------------------------------------------------^
petscDMTest_v2.F90(73): error #6691: A pointer dummy argument may only be
argument a
ssociated with a pointer.   [NUMDOF]
  call DMPlexCreateSection(dmMesh, topologyDim, numField, numComp, numDof, &
-------------------------------------------------------------------^
petscDMTest_v2.F90(74): error #6691: A pointer dummy argument may only be
argument a
ssociated with a pointer.   [BCFIELD]
                           numBC, bcField, bcPointIS,section,ierr)
petscDMTest_v2.F90(74): error #6691: A pointer dummy argument may only be
argument a
ssociated with a pointer.   [BCPOINTIS]
                           numBC, bcField, bcPointIS,section,ierr)

Please have a look at the attached test case and Makefile

e-mail: dharmareddy84 at gmail.com
Phone: +1-512-350-9082