[petsc-users] MatZeroRowsColumns for mpibaij

Stephan Kramer s.kramer at imperial.ac.uk
Wed Jun 19 07:22:31 CDT 2013

Dear all,

We have found the MatZeroRowsColumns() routine to be very useful for lifting boundary conditions. Unfortunately we also found that it isn't implemented for matrix type mpibaij and we're quite keen on
keeping the baij structure as it seems to give us significant savings for DG problems (in particular the blocked sor). I had a quick look at the implementation of MatZeroRowsColums_MPIAIJ but couldn't
really estimate how hard it would be to do something similar for mpibaij (an implementation for seqbaij exists already). Is this something that's likely to be looked at in the future?

Stephan