[petsc-users] Solving Poisson equation with multigrid

Michele Rosso mrosso at uci.edu
Thu Jun 6 18:47:30 CDT 2013

Thanks Satish, now the compilation goes smooth, despite a warning during
the configuration step:

               Warning: PETSC_ARCH from environment does not match
command-line or name of script.
               Warning: Using from command-line or name of script:
arch-test-cray, ignoring environment: interlagos

I still have a problem though:  when I compile my code the following
warning is issued:

/u/sciteam/mrosso/LIBS/petsc-3.4.0/arch-test-cray/lib/libpetsc.a(dlimpl.o):
In function `PetscDLOpen':
/mnt/a/u/sciteam/mrosso/LIBS/petsc-3.4.0/src/sys/dll/dlimpl.c:109:
warning: Using 'dlopen' in statically linked applications requires at
runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for linking
/u/sciteam/mrosso/LIBS/petsc-3.4.0/arch-test-cray/lib/libpetsc.a(send.o): In
function `PetscOpenSocket':
/mnt/a/u/sciteam/mrosso/LIBS/petsc-3.4.0/src/sys/classes/viewer/impls/socket/send.c:97:
warning: Using 'gethostbyname' in statically linked applications
requires at runtime the shared libraries from the glibc version used for
linking

and the run stops because of the following error:

         libhugetlbfs:  ERROR: RTLD_NEXT used in code not dynamically loaded

Thanks again for your help.

Michele