[petsc-users] error with PAMI (fwd)

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Sat Jul 20 04:03:33 CDT 2013

Satish Balay <balay at mcs.anl.gov> writes:

> I am trying to run PETSc 3.3-p5 on a IBM Blue Gene/Q machine which
> features PAMI as MPI implementation

PAMI is a library that sits underneath the MPI implementation.  PAMI
errors are most likely either memory corruption, otherwise a bug in the
lower level software.  If this error is reproducible, I would (a) try
Valgrind on a different machine, (b) try to reduce the circumstances for
the crash, and (c) report the issue to IBM.