[petsc-users] -pc_factor_mat_solver_package wish_list

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jan 7 17:02:44 CST 2013

On Jan 7, 2013, at 8:46 AM, Jed Brown <jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov> wrote:

> It would be very easy to make PetscFListFind interpret choice1:choice2:choice3 as searching for items in that order, in which case this sort of option would work anywhere. This sounds convenient to me, though if you have impl-specific suboptions, you'll be notified that those were not used in -options_left. Is this okay?

   Jed,

   How would this be done in the code? Ideally there is a functional interface with a corresponding OptionsData base interface. Something like the equivalent of PCFactorSetMatSolverPackages(pc,{MATSOLVERSUPERLU_DIST,MATSOLVERMUMPS, MATSOLVERPETSC,PETSC_NULL})

   Then follow this paradigm for all set types and packages? But then since there is  a PCFactorSetMatSolverPackage() and a PCFactorSetMatSolverPackages() should there be
a -pc_factor_mat_solver_package  package AND -pc_factor_mat_solver_packages  package1:package2  ?

    Barry