[petsc-users] Extending PETSC-SNES-VI to linear inequality constraints,

subramanya sadasiva potaman at outlook.com
Mon Dec 23 22:23:17 CST 2013

Hi, Is it possible to extend PETSC-SNES VI to handlie linear inequality constraints. My problem has  4 variables . 2 of them have bounds constraints, as well as a linear inequality. At present I've implemented an augmented lagrangian method to handle the linear inequality and I let SNES VI handle the bounds constraints. However, the convergence of this method is very poor. I'd like to know if there was an easy way to get SNES VI to handle the linear inequalities as well. Thanks,
Subramanya