[petsc-users] .petscrc in Windows

Satish Balay balay at mcs.anl.gov
Wed Dec 11 17:34:07 CST 2013

Hm - petscrc in the run dir works for me. [and the other modes aswell]

Satish

-------
balay at msnehalem2 ~/petsc.clone/src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials
$ make ex2
/home/balay/petsc.clone/bin/win32fe/win32fe cl -o ex2.o -c -MT -wd4996 -Z7   -I/home/balay/petsc.clone/include -I/home/balay/petsc.clone/arch-win32/include -I/home/balay/petsc.clone/include/mpiuni    `pwd`/ex2.c
ex2.c
/home/balay/petsc.clone/bin/win32fe/win32fe cl -MT -wd4996 -Z7  -o ex2 ex2.o  -L/home/balay/petsc.clone/arch-win32/lib  -lpetsc -lflapack -lfblas Gdi32.lib User32.lib Advapi32.lib Kernel32.lib Ws2_32.lib
/usr/bin/rm -f ex2.o

balay at msnehalem2 ~/petsc.clone/src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials
$ ./ex2
Norm of error 0.000156044 iterations 6

balay at msnehalem2 ~/petsc.clone/src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials
$ echo "-ksp_view" > petscrc

balay at msnehalem2 ~/petsc.clone/src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials
$ cat petscrc
-ksp_view

balay at msnehalem2 ~/petsc.clone/src/ksp/ksp/examples/tutorials
$ ./ex2
KSP Object: 1 MPI processes
  type: gmres
    GMRES: restart=30, using Classical (unmodified) Gram-Schmidt Orthogonalization with no iterative refinement
    GMRES: happy breakdown tolerance 1e-030
  maximum iterations=10000, initial guess is zero
  tolerances:  relative=0.000138889, absolute=1e-050, divergence=10000
  left preconditioning
  using PRECONDITIONED norm type for convergence test
PC Object: 1 MPI processes
  type: icc
    0 levels of fill
    tolerance for zero pivot 2.22045e-014
    using Manteuffel shift [POSITIVE_DEFINITE]
    matrix ordering: natural
    factor fill ratio given 1, needed 1
      Factored matrix follows:
        Mat Object:         1 MPI processes
          type: seqsbaij
          rows=56, cols=56
          package used to perform factorization: petsc
          total: nonzeros=153, allocated nonzeros=153
          total number of mallocs used during MatSetValues calls =0
              block size is 1
  linear system matrix = precond matrix:
  Mat Object:   1 MPI processes
    type: seqaij
    rows=56, cols=56
    total: nonzeros=250, allocated nonzeros=280
    total number of mallocs used during MatSetValues calls =0
      not using I-node routines

$