[petsc-users] What does this error mean?

subramanya sadasiva potaman at outlook.com
Wed Aug 21 13:42:30 CDT 2013

I have a phase-field code implemented using libmesh 0.9.2 and petsc-3.4.2 using the petscdm based nonlinear solver. This code works on OS X 10.8.4. However, when I tried to build and run this code on a linux machine, I get the following error.

[0]PETSC ERROR: --------------------- Error Message ------------------------------------
[0]PETSC ERROR: Petsc has generated inconsistent data!
[0]PETSC ERROR: No mesh blocks found.!
[0]PETSC ERROR: Petsc Release Version 3.4.2, Jul, 02, 2013
[0]PETSC ERROR: See docs/changes/index.html for recent updates.
[0]PETSC ERROR: See docs/faq.html for hints about trouble shooting.
[0]PETSC ERROR: See docs/index.html for manual pages.

Does anybody know what the likely cause of this error is?
Thanks
Subramanya