[petsc-users] questions about DMDAGetNeighbors()

Roc Wang pengxwang at hotmail.com
Tue Aug 13 10:31:21 CDT 2013

Hi,

    I am confused about calling
PetscErrorCode  DMDAGetNeighbors(DM da,const PetscMPIInt *ranks[]),

I am calling the function like this:

PetscMPIInt ** neighbors;
DMDAGetNeighbors(da, neighbors);

but the error shows

src/solver.cpp:152: error: invalid conversion from ‘PetscMPIInt**’ to ‘const PetscMPIInt**’
src/solver.cpp:152: error:   initializing argument 2 of ‘PetscErrorCode DMDAGetNeighbors(_p_DM*, const PetscMPIInt**)’

How should I define the neighbors before calling the function? Sorry it's not a pure Petsc question, but I am new in c++. Thanks for any comments.