[petsc-users] question on PETSc option '-snes_mf_operator'

Zou (Non-US), Ling ling.zou at inl.gov
Thu Sep 27 13:13:53 CDT 2012

Thank you Matt.

I've noticed that there is a different option '-snes_fd', and I guess PETSc
will use finite difference method for both Jacobian (action) and
Preconditioner?

By the way, do you have any comments on my another question?
One more question, if I pass '-snes' to PETSc, since it is direct Newton's
method, I assume it will explicitly construct a Jacobian. Does this
Jacobian come from user provided Jacobian or from the finite difference
Jacobian?

Best,

Ling