[petsc-users] Creating PCFieldSplit Preconditioner in source code

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 19 02:48:40 CST 2012

Unfortunately, options are currently the only way to avoid the initial
setup. We could add a special setup routine to the PCFieldSplit interface
that you could call, but there are lots of other PCs that you sometimes
want to reconfigure after "partial setup". I've been unhappy with this for
years, but have not found a general and maintainable way to support, and
configuration via options is a better approach most of the time.