[petsc-users] Does PETSc take advantage of symmetry in iterative solvers

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Nov 12 10:58:44 CST 2012

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 8:43 AM, Alexander Grayver
<agrayver at gfz-potsdam.de>wrote:

> Does it make sense that in fortran one has to call MatCreateMPISBAIJ?

No, this was missed in the rename. It's fixed here.

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc-dev/changeset/cfa58f9da86656f6ddf509089493a99a1d503d6f

This should probably be back-ported to 3.3, though it will break an
existing Fortran user that forgot to fix that call (or noticed the bug and
didn't report it).

The petsc.cs.iit.edu server is down right now and although we are migrating
to bitbucket, we haven't decided how to manage the release repository there
yet.

https://bitbucket.org/petsc/petsc-dev/issue/22/backport-bug-fixes-to-33-once-release