[petsc-users] Benchmarking different PETSc installations

Jed Brown jedbrown at mcs.anl.gov
Fri Nov 9 12:43:36 CST 2012

Run examples that are representative of a workload you are interested in.
src/snes/examples/tutorials/ex5.c is a simple problem that is easy to
understand. Use a 3D problem if that's what you're interested in. Run with
-log_summary to get detailed information. Read the user's manual section on
profiling for more details.