[petsc-users] Benchmarking different PETSc installations

Tabrez Ali stali at geology.wisc.edu
Fri Nov 9 12:38:38 CST 2012

You can start by benchmarking MatMult which I guess is one of the
heavily used kernels native to PETSc.

Based on few runs (attached), which I tried a while back, I am yet to
see a large difference across different compilers (for MatMult).

Also for some reason I was not able to use -fast with Intel and -O3 with
Open64 compilers (PETSc's build system was complaining and I dont
exactly remember why).

--
No one trusts a model except the one who wrote it; Everyone trusts an observation except the one who made it - Harlow Shapley