[petsc-users] Computation to communication ratio for PETSc's routines

Alexander Grayver agrayver at gfz-potsdam.de
Thu Jun 14 06:24:28 CDT 2012

On 14.06.2012 13:14, Matthew Knepley wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 14, 2012 at 3:09 AM, Barry Smith <bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
> <mailto:bsmith at mcs.anl.gov>> wrote:
>

>     > Is there total amount of flops given for different operations
>     separately (I see max flops over all processes only)?
>
>       Sadly no. My original plan was that people who wanted different
>     summary information would copy PetscLogView() and modify it to
>     output just what they want. Sadly that may be too difficult.
>

> You can back out the total flops from the flop rate and time.

I think I will write small apps with just one operation and then use the
table that comes in the very beginning of the "PETSc Performance
Summary" section. As far as I understand it contains data for the whole
program and if there are no other operations I can get correct result?

--
Regards,
Alexander