[petsc-users] How to implement projection preconditioner?

Abdul Hanan Sheikh hanangul12 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jun 8 11:58:43 CDT 2012

Dear all,

Summer greetings,

I am back with an other query.
Before I successfully implement the projection preconditioner which was simply

the coarse grid correction operator P = I - A*(P*A_H*R);

I implemented this simply keeping both pre and post smoothing dummy in PCMG setup.

Now I need to revise this and re-implement this where I replace A and coarse operator A_H with

preconditioned one i.e. M^-1 A and M^-1 A_H respectively. Thus new projection reads as

P_new = I - (M^-1 A) {P*(M_H^-1 A_H)*R}

Any suggestion to implement this in Petsc would be appreciated.

Thanking in anticipation.

with regards, Abdul