[petsc-users] GMRES pc right fails while pc left succeeds

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Mon Jun 4 18:39:24 CDT 2012

   In theory if you use petsc-3.3 (release any day) switching to use the PCFIELDSPLIT solver (with appropriate options) should be able to reproduce your algorithm (I think) with very little coding on your part. This would make it easier for us to help you understand the issue since we know exactly what PCFIELDSPLIT does and how it is suppose to work and the -ksp_view option (or -snes_view) tells exactly the algorithm being used.

    Barry