[petsc-users] GMRES pc right fails while pc left succeeds

Klaij, Christiaan C.Klaij at marin.nl
Mon Jun 4 09:47:28 CDT 2012

> > Both approximations are in the preconditioner.
>

> I'm afraid I don't have an explanation based on the information you have
> sent. If you can set up a test case that shows the issue, I'll investigate
> further.

Thanks for offering, unfortunately I don't have a small testcase that
shows the same behaviour. It only happens in the odd industrial case,
convergence is fine for most similar cases and perfect for small
academic cases.

> I would think about null space issues. For example, if the Schur complement
> has constants in its null space, but the right hand side is not consistent
> and/or the KSP was not informed of the null space.

Definitely not the constant, but there could be a near null space...

dr. ir. Christiaan Klaij
CFD Researcher
Research & Development
E mailto:C.Klaij at marin.nl
T +31 317 49 33 44

MARIN
2, Haagsteeg, P.O. Box 28, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
T +31 317 49 39 11, F +31 317 49 32 45, I www.marin.nl