[petsc-users] MatConvert behavior 3.1 vs 3.2

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Fri Jan 27 08:51:36 CST 2012

>> Immediately one suggestion: it would be nice to pull and build the
>> external packages at option separately from the rest of petsc.
>
> ??? petsc configure already does this for you..
>
> [you don't have to build PETSc - after externalpacakges are built...]

But it breaks... As I wrote above, I can fix it, but then re-running
configure rebuilds my built version.
Then I tried --with instead of --download, that resulted in a correct
build, unfortunately, seems like parmetis is somehow not registered
with petsc:

[0]PETSC ERROR: Unknown partitioning type parmetis!

Would you please advise how to go on?

Thanks
Dominik