[petsc-users] SNESVI convergence spped

Barry Smith bsmith at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Jan 26 21:07:49 CST 2012

   Don't even touch VISS, focus on RS.  What solver did you use in the run you sent the output for?

   *  If SS please rerun (with -snes_monitor) with RS and send the output again.

   * If RS then it is very puzzling that you get that slow convergence since the number of active constraints does not change so it should converge just like plain old Newton.

   Barry